- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (1)
- April Desktop Girl and FTU Smoking Tatta
- Wild Red Rider Gimp Tutorial
- MARCH Scrappin' Your ♥ Out Blog Train FREEBIE
- Sweet and Sexy Bunny Extras
- March SYHO Previews
- New Kit- Wicked Rider and CU Freebie
- Quick Tutorial- How to make an image follow your d...
- Renovate for Rylie
- Punky Sweet Forum Set Showoff
- Bad Ass Punk- Justice Howard Gimp Tag Tutorial
- NEW Blog Train *Coming Soon*
- Summer Sweety Gimp Tutorial
- Irish Luck was PTU now FTU
- 2012 (120)
- 2011 (122)
- 2010 (15)
2:16 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Just wanted to show off this tag that I made using the new April Desktop girl by Arthur Crowe, which you can find at his store here- http://arthurcrowesfactory.com/store/ You must have a license and display it within your finished creation.
I used the FTU kit by Crystal's Creations called Smoking Tatta. You can get that kit HERE!
1:57 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag you will want to get the tube by Arthur Crowe called Gothick Red. You need to have a license to use his art and you can get both the license and art at http://arthurcrowesfactory.com/store
I am using my own kit called Wild Rider, you can find this at stores I sell at, just check the left column of my blog for the links to where I sell my kits. HERE is the blog post about the kit.
This tutorial is for Gimp 2.8 but any version will work, you can easily convert to your program of choice as well.
Let's get started!
1. Open a new canvas, size 800 x 800. Drag and drop the following papers from kit into the canvas (R click on each in layers box ADD ALPHA CHANNEL):
Paper 2 (mask- step 3)
Paper 4- using the fuzzy select tool, click within the merged frame made in next step, SELECT>GROW by 2, L click on paper layer to activate in layers box then go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR
Paper 5 (mask- step 3)
2. Drag and drop the following elements from kit into canvas:
Element 14- scale to 319 x 39, duplicate and place copy on top of other, duplicate, LAYER>TRANSFORM>ROTATE 90 clockwise. Duplicate, flip and place on other side. Duplicate bottom and LAYER>TRANSFORM>180. Merge the four together to make a frame.
Element 44- scale to 406 x 225
Element 6- scale to 592 x 445
Element 29- 136 x 204, duplicate and flip
Element 30- 619 x 181
Element 21- 165 x 158, use rotate tool 20 degrees
Element 43- 161 x 371
Element 20- 181 x 208
Element 1- 259 x 301
Element 26- 220 x 154
Element 27- 72 x 156
Element 19- 158 x 80
Element 24- 71 x 261
3. For paper 2, you will need to drag and drop DBV Mask 110 into canvas. Then scale it to 700 x 700. Go up to COLORS>INVERT and LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA to make it transparent. Next R click on it in layers box and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION, L click once on paper 2 layer to activate the layer within the layers box. Go up to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. The paper is now the mask, so you can delete the original mask layer Repeat the same steps with WSL_Mask48 (first scale to 936 x 936) and paper 5.
4. Add the tube of choice to your tag, including current/correct copyrights. Copyright symbol, artist's name, website and license number, if applicable, should all be clearly visible on the tag. For the background effect, place tubes accordingly then go to the MODE box at the top right corner of layers box and choose OVERLAY. Add a drop shadow to the tube by going to FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings at 8/8/15. Add drop shadow to all other elements with settings at 2/2/8.
5. For the text I used a font called FREEDOM in black. Right click, ALPHA TO SELECTION, GROW by 2, add new layer, fill with white. Go up to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE, with correlated checked only and settings at 20/20/20/0. Add drop shadow with same settings as used before.
6. Save your tag as .xcf so you can come back and make changes per layer if need arises. When satisfied, delete the white background layer and export as .png
Thanks for looking!
8:00 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Check out all the other amazing freebies offered by the designers of the Scrappin' Your ♥ Out Blog Train by following links below!
Annaica's Place (YOU ARE HERE)
7:55 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I made this tag using the art of Ismael Rac. The tube is called 2013 Sexy Bunny and has tons of layers to choose from. I love the hair highlight layers! You can get this tube or others at www.xeracx.net/store and you will want to make sure you also have and display your license along with your creation.
I used a really pretty Easter themed kit by Crystal's Creations called Sweet Easter Bunny. It has so many great papers and elements, you'll have fun playing with it! You can find out more about Crystal's Creations by going here- http://crystalsscrapcreations.blogspot.com/
I made a few snags/extras for you to use in your groups/forums. Just do not change the tags whatsoever. Don't add names or anything to them and don't claim them to be your own. I hope you like them!
4:05 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here's a Commercial Use freebie for my friends, a template I made... It's supposed to be a headlight. Maybe you can find a use for it :) Click the preview above to get your copy.
Below is my new personal use kit called Wicked Rider. I am loading into stores now!
It has 10 papers and 50 elements, everything for the biker rebel in you. I hope you like it!
6:22 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I use Gimp 2.8 and wanted to find a way to make whatever graphic I chose follow my direction. I found a way to do it and wanted to share! In this tutorial, the graphic is a brush that I have created. I am making it form a circle.
Open a new canvas, leave background white for now and add two transparent layers.
Drag and drop the graphic of your choice, any PNG element. Scale it to the size you want. This layer should be the active layer in the layers box- just left click once on the layer to activate it. Then go up to EDIT>COPY, it should appear in your brushes dialog box. That box should be at the bottom right as shown below. If you click on the paintbrush tool, the settings for it should come up in the TOOL OPTIONS window, below all the tools.
Now change the settings as I have shown:
Make sure the box for INCREMENTAL is checked also.
To the right of the brush dialog box is the spacing- how far you want to space each image from the last. Just play with this until it's spaced where you like.
In one transparent layer, make a shape using the ellipse select tool, form a circle and fill it in, any color. This is your "guide."
In the other transparent layer, click on the brush tool and aim the mouse pointer around the top rim of the circle. Click and hold down the mouse while slowly tracing the outside edge of the circle. You can always go to EDIT>CLEAR if it messes up and start over to get it the way you like.
It should come out looking similar to what I have made (p.s. feel free to use this image in any way you like, whatsoever!) below:
Now delete the circle layer and save your new image you've made as a .png!
I'd love to see what you've done with this tutorial!
Thanks for checking it out!
10:41 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
"><img src="http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/iloveluci09/Renovate%20for%20Rylie%20Ads/300x250WebAd1R4R_zpsc5d43b41.jpg" /></a>
"><img src="http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/iloveluci09/Renovate%20for%20Rylie%20Ads/300x250WebAd1R4R_zpsc5d43b41.jpg" /></a>
Below I have shown the ad.
Thanks for helping, they're a great family and deserve to be healthy and safe!
4:41 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I also tried a new animation, just to do something different... It's ok. Gonna try a few more effects with it next time I do an animation like that and give you all a great tut :)
I used the Punky Sweet tube by Arthur Crowe and matching kit that you can purchase at http://arthurcrowesfactory.com/store/
I also used a FTU forum set template 61 by Spawn, which you can get HERE.
Thanks for looking!
1:42 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here's a tag I made with the art of Justice Howard, you must have a license number to use his art and both the tubes and license can be found by going to Artistically Inclined Licensing.
I used a PTU kit called Atomic Punk which was designed by Crystal's Creations- http://crystalsscrapcreations.blogspot.com/
I used 2 FTU masks, mask 18 by Brutal Designs and MythMask70 which can be found at Creative Misfits HERE.
Let's get started.
1. Open up a new canvas, size 800 x 800. Drag and drop the following from the kit into the canvas, R click on each paper layer first in layers box and ADD ALPHA CHANNEL:
Paper 6 (MythMask70 instructions as described below)
Paper 1, duplicate (mask 18 instructions as described below)
Paper 5 scale to 300 x 300
2. To change the masks out for the paper this is what you do- make sure the mask layer you're working on is the one that is activated within the layers box by just L clicking on the layer in the layers box then go to COLORS>INVERT and LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA to make the mask transparent. For MythMask70 you will want to scale it to 700 x 400. For mask 18 you will want to scale it to 455 x 456, then duplicate and use the flip tool to flip the copy. Next, you right click on the mask and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then activate the paper layer in the layers box for that mask (as I illustrated above). Go up to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Once the paper is the mask, you can delete the original masks.
3. Drag and drop the following from the kit into the canvas, scale and place appropriately:
Add drop shadow by going to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings at 2/2/6
4. Add tube of choice to tag, place between the drop shadow of element 18 and paper 12. At this time include the copyright symbol, artist's name and website and license number, if applicable. I used this tube at full size and duplicated it so there were a total of 3 layers of it. I placed them then used the fuzzy select tool, just click within the inner portion of the frame where you're working and held down shift to click the other side of the inner portion of the frame so both were selected... Then go to SELECT>GROW by 4, activate the tube layer, SELECT>INVERT and EDIT CLEAR. For the center, I scaled it down so most of it would fit in the frame and repeated with the fuzzy select tool... Add drop shadow to your tube layers. Repeat these steps with the fuzzy select tool to crop the papers 12 and 5 to be inside of the frame as well.
5. I used a font called AngsanaUPC in pink, right click ALPHA TO SELECTION, SELECT>GROW by 2, add new layer and fill it with white. Add drop shadow. Add noise to pink text layer by going to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE with correlated the only box checked and settings at 20/20/20/0. I also made a text in a shade of neon green behind these layers using a font called Chaos Times Light.
6. Remove the background white layer so your tag is transparent. Save as .xcf first so you can go in layer by layer to make adjustments if need arises. When satisfied, save your tag as .png and you're done!
Thanks for checking out this tutorial :)
12:49 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
My friend, Crys from Creative Scraps by Crys and I have started up a blog train that will be taking off mid-month. It is called Scrappin' Your ♥ Out! There will be a lot of goodies, both commercial use and personal use! There is still room for more designers! If you'd like to take part in this blog train, please let me or Crys know before the 10th... You can join the Yahoo group as well as the Facebook group if you want to be a designer. The theme for March is Elegant Spring with the color palette below.
We're so excited and hope you are too! Check out the blog train's blog here- http://scrappinyourheartout.blogspot.com/
4:48 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
What you will want to have to make this:
I use Gimp but you can use any program you like!
New tube by Roman Zaric called Sweety you can find this tube and many others at his store here- http://romanzarictubes.com/store/ You must have a license to use his art and that can also be found by visiting his store and clicking the link LICENSE REQUEST.
FTU (full-size) kit called For My Mom here- http://collabgirls.blogspot.com, beautiful kit, THANK YOU!
FTU Soft Masks by Dee here- http://deessigndepot.blogspot.com/
1. Open new canvas size 800 x 800. Then drag and drop the tube of choice into the canvas. Scale so it fits within walls- 742 x 782. Add the correct copyright info, artist's name, website, and license number, if applicable.
2. Add the mask "DD_SM_5.jpg" Go up to LAYER>TRANSFORM 180 degrees then to COLORS>INVERT and LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA to make the mask transparent.
3. Drag and drop the following into the canvas:
CGformymombyMarbellapaper3.jpg- scale to 700 x 700 (mask- R click mask, ALPHA TO SELECTION, L click paper layer to activate layer within the layers box, up to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Paper is now mask, you may delete original mask.
CGformymombyZuzkaRpaper1.jpg- scale to 400 x 400
CGformymombyMata77element4.png- scale to 458 x 458
CGformymombyZuzkaRelement2.png- scale to 150 x 225
CGformymombyZuzkaRelement4.png- scale to 500 x 500
CGformymombyZuzkaRelement9.png- scale to 300 x 225
CGformymombyZuzkaRelement20.png- scale to 500 x 500
CGformymombyMata77element1.png- scale to 600 x 600
4. Using the fuzzy select tool, click within the circle frame and a circle shape that's blinking should appear. Go up to SELECT>GROW by 4 then SELECT>INVERT and then click on the eraser tool just to erase the very bottom portion of the tube. You can also use the rectangle select tool and go up to LAYER>CROP TO SLECTION then erase parts of the tube after that stick out. Now, move the frame above the tube layer. Add drop shadow to the frame by going to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings at default- 8/8/15 Merge frame down with shadow by R clicking and Merge Down. Duplicate the frame. Now using the rectangle select tool, crop around the bottom part of the frame, LAYER>CROP TO SELECTION. Move this layer up so it is above the tube layer but below the element (flower, leaves) layers. Use the eraser tool to erase any extra parts of the frame sticking out.
5. Add same shadow to the tube and merge together. For the shadows on elements, use settings at 2/2/6
6. I used a font called Felix Titling in a mauve shade. ALPHA TO SELECTION, GROW by 2, add new layer and fill with a light brown shade. Duplicate and add noise to top brown layer by going to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE with correlated checked only and settings at 20/20/20/75. Add drop shadow with same settings as you did with the elements prior.
7. Use the rectangle select tool to crop your tag, just form a square around the perimeters of the layers of the tag then go to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION. Delete the background white layer to make tag transparent then save as .xcf so you can come back in layer by layer to make changes. When satisfied, save as .png
Thanks for viewing! Hope you like my tutorial!
2:32 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here is a tagger sized kit I made last year for St. Patrick's Day and this year, I wanted to give it away for all my fans. I am so happy that you enjoy my work, it means so much to me. I apologize for taking a little break, I do have several more things I've started creating and plan to finish so come back soon, OK? This is a PERSONAL USE ONLY kit, if you want to share, send others here to this blog link please. My TOU are that you may use it in tagging, card design or blog design, but please do not sell your services or designs with my PU creations. You are allowed to alter color, size, etc to make it fit your project. DO NOT SHARE MY KIT, DO NOT CLAIM IT AS YOUR OWN by placing it on your website or placing your logo over it. Do not try to reoffer or resell anything from my kit. If you have questions, my email is on the right side of my blog located within my TOU.
Click HERE or HERE to get your copy. I'd love to see your creations with my kits also, tag me on Facebook or email me anytime :)
P.S. this is also my donation to the March O'Scrap blog train. Follow the train by clicking links below...
Annaica's Place (you are here)