- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (1)
- 2013 (80)
- CU4CU Zippers Freebie
- What's For Dinner? We're having chicken tonight!
- CT CALL
- Commercial Use ROBOTS!!!
- NEW BABY CU IN STORE!! And a FREEBIE
- Hogwarts Cluster Frame Freebie and Animated Gimp T...
- Emo Girl 1- Gimp Name Tag Tutorial
- FTU Gimp Tutorial- Happy Trails with Popeye Wong
- EXTRAS: Bad Girl by Crystal's Creations with Arthu...
- Seven Seas Gimp Tutorial with 4x Designs Exclusive...
- Yo Ho! New Scrapkit: Seven Seas
- 2011 (122)
- 2010 (15)
10:34 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I was looking everywhere for some free CU4CU zippers and didn't see anything so I made a few up... I decided to just give them all out for you guys for free, so go ahead and use these in your projects, just read and follow the TOU in download. I hope you find some use with them, would love to see what all you've done :)
Click the preview to get your copy, and direct others here to this exact blog post to download themselves.
10:50 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I can't remember the last time that I prepared chicken. I don't like preparing meat, I was vegetarian for a very long time and although I will admit that I like the taste of meat, I don't like the idea of eating animals.... Maybe some understand, and others don't with this dilemna I have, but seriously making meals with meat has always been dificult for me. So this dinner is kind of a big deal! Of course, you can COMPLETELY omit the meat in this dish and use veggies instead... I am actually going to keep adding things to it. I want to add broccoli to it, it is my favorite cooked veggie! I just love making new recipes, especially when they turn out AWESOME lol. I am going to post all about this recipe, I don't really have a name for it... just call it bacon/chicken/cheesy pasta bake... I hope some of my readers will try it out and share with me how they liked it :)
I started by throwing some ends and pieces of bacon into a skillet, just a couple handfuls. Hubby suggested using these, and I'm glad he did! I cooked on medium heat and when it started popping turned it down a bit.
Then I flipped each piece over.
Cover then cook at 350 degrees for half an hour. Let cool, then enjoy! Looks yummy, doesn't it :)
11:19 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
There's no way that you won't have fun playing with these 3 commercial-use OK, PSD robot templates. Each one has special features- one with a belt that when removed appears less feminine. The templates are fully customizable: you can make them be the robot of the century! Created at 300 DPI and all perfectly sized to be able to use for both full-size scrapping or tagger size. AVAILABLE IN STORES!
and another commercial use robot template for all my blog readers- FREE!
Just click the preview above to download, and if you do--- leave me a comment! I love to hear what you think of my freebies, and it means ALOT to me to know you enjoy them! Read the TOU in the download, and direct others here to my blog post to download themself.
12:38 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Check out the newest CU pack that I have uploaded to my stores! It has 4 templates in it and 3 greyscaled pngs as well as one paper! It is sized so both taggers and full size scrappers can use it! You get a mobile, a teething ring, a rattle, a sweet baby face, a moon, footprints, and a star. The paper is a quilt pattern, perfect for baby themed projects!
Now, the elements above are also in my personal use kit called BABY BLISS which you can also find at my stores. But I have a little add on here for you to download so you can keep all those early memories of the little ones in your life... It is PERSONAL USE ONLY. Do not share, direct others here to my blog to download themselves.
This add on can be used for full size scrapbooking as well... not just tagger. I really hope you enjoy it! The theme for this one is breastfeeding. We just wrapped up World Breastfeeding Week so perhaps you have some photos to use with this! There are 5 papers and 15 elements in this kit. Drop shadow is only on preview.
Get the elements HERE
Get the papers HERE
OH- and a thank you sure does go a long way! Hope to see some comments :)
6:13 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I made this cluster frame from the PTU kit called The Magic of Hogwarts by Creative Scraps by Crys. It is full of wonderful elements for all those Harry Potter fans out there, so be sure to check it out!
This cluster frame is for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Do not share, send others here to my blog to download themselves. Just click the preview to download the frame. I'd love to hear what you think of it, feel free to leave me a comment here :)
Now, check out the animated tag I made!
The non-animated PNG is pretty neat too :) I will teach you how to do both!
I found this tube over in the FTU tube share at one of my favorite forums- Creative Misfits!
It is by Josh Howard and you can view all of his work on his site- www.joshhoward.typepad.com but you can use any tube you desire!
I also used a couple FTU masks from the very talented misfits- you'll want to go grab the circle pack HERE (the one I used was chasmask37) as well as the sparkle n bling HERE (the one I used was SparkleMask4byTonya).
So let's get started!
1. Open the cluster frame, then delete the top/copyright layer and the background layer.
2. Add your tube of choice. I used perspective for the shadow- just go to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>PERSPECTIVE with settings set at the values as shown in image below.
3. Add your copyright info for the tube- copyright symbol, artist's name and website as well as a license number, if applicable. Make sure it is clearly visible. I like to use a font called pixelette for my copyrights.
4. Add your background papers. I used 2 different papers from the same kit with which I made this cluster frame- The Magic of Hogwarts by Creative Scraps by Crys. I used paper 7 and paper 12. Just go to FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS to open them up OR you can click and drag them from their file on the computer to the canvas! It is often easier to do it this way. Right click on bothe papers and choose ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. Scale paper 7 to 360x360 and place to the bottom of the layers box. You may have to crop off some of this paper, just use the rectangle select tool to make a selection of where you want the paper to STAY, then go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR to delete the excess paper. For the paper 12, you're gonna convert that into a mask, so read the next step to do so.
5. Open as layers both the masks I mentioned above. Click the little eye next to Tonya's mask to make it invisible for a moment. Now while on Chas's mask, go to COLOR>INVERT then LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA. It should now be transparent. So right click on this mask layer in the layers box and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION. Now click on the paper 12 layer in the layers box to make it active... go up to SELECT>INVERT then EDIT>CLEAR. You now have the paper as a mask, so you can delete the original mask. Move this to the back, behind paper 7. Duplicate and place the copy on the other side of the tag. You can click the eye again to make Tonya's mask visible again. Follow the same steps as we just did to Chas's mask to make it transparent... Once it is transparent, go to COLOR>INVERT to make it white. Then add noise by going to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE with settings at 20/20/20/0. Scale this down just a little. Then make sure it is above the paper 12/mask we just created.
6. You can now add your name or text of choice. I used a font called JSL Ancient Italic in a shade I got from the golden hues of the cluster frame. Use the color picker tool to get this color just right. Also choose a maroon color for the next layer. Right click and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION on the text layer, add new layer and go to SELECT>GROW by 2 then fill in the new layer with the maroon shade. SELECT>NONE. Add a drop shadow by going to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings at 2/2/5. Click back on the original text (gold) layer. Add noise to it but make sure that this is set at CORRELATED instead of INDEPENDENT RGB- only if you are not animating it... if you want to animate skip this part in purple.
7. Save your tag as .xcf so you can come in and make changes if you need to. Otherwise, when you're done with this one save as. png! To animate the text so it appears to be glittering, we have to click on the eye to make the gold text layer invisible. Then right click on any layer in the layers box and choose MERGE VISIBLE LAYERS, as shown in image below.
Now, click the eye to make the text visible again and your layers box should look like this:
Duplicate each of these layers twice so there's a total of 3 each- like shown:
And arrange them as shown in the next image.
Right click and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION on the top text layer. Then add noise to it but make sure that this is set at CORRELATED instead of INDEPENDENT RGB with settings at 20/20/20/0 and all you need to do after that is just click on the next TEXT layer in layers box and go to FILTERS>REPEAT RGB NOISE, and then click on the third text layer and again, FILTERS>REPEAT RGB NOISE. SELECT>NONE. Make sure that your background color is set to white. Then right click on the top text layer and choose MERGE DOWN. Right click on the second text layer and choose MERGE DOWN. Right click on the third text layer and choose MERGE DOWN. So, now your layers box should look like the image below.
Right click on each of the 3 layers and choose REMOVE ALPHA CHANNEL. They will all have a white background now. Go to FILE>SAVE AS and type in file name.gif (gif is for animations) and the window below will pop up, just make sure that SAVE AS ANIMATION is selected, then click EXPORT.
The next window will come up and you just need to make sure that the box is checked for the DELAY:
Click SAVE. You're done!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, love to see your tags done with it!
11:02 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag, you will want to purchase the cool emo kit called Emo Girl 1 by Crystal's Creations- you can find more about all her fab kits on her blog- http://crystalsscrapcreations.blogspot.com/
I also used a mask by Kaci (circle mask 2) from the Creative Misfits blog which is FTU and you can get it HERE
Let's get started! This is not very hard to make, so any level of talent you believe to have you should be able to master this :)
1. Open up Gimp then FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS element 5 from kit. Duplicate this layer then flip (use flip tool) the copy.
2. Open as layers the mask, scale to 722x477, flip it and go up to COLORS>INVERT then LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA then scale to 690x690. Next, open as layers paper 8 from the kit. Right click on this layer in the layers box and choose ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. Duplicate this layer and click the little eye next to it in the layers box to make it invisible. You will use this later. For now, just right click on the mask layer and ALPHA TO SELECTION then click back on the paper layer (not the invisible one) to make it active and go to SELECT>INVERT then EDIT>CLEAR. You can delete your original mask since the paper is now the mask.
3. Open as layers the following and scale as written, then place accordingly:
element 35- 565x412
element 36- 493x330
element 24- 446x31
element 31- 194x216
element 25- 112x100
element 2- 218x227
I did NOT add drop shadows to any of those elements above, but you could if you wanted...
4. Now that you basically have your tag arranged how you like, you need to add your text. I used a font called Amazing Ruler at size 99. I then clicked on the eye on the copy of paper 8 we made earlier and then right clicked on the text, ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on paper layer to make active and SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. You will need to make the original text invisible now, so click the eye on it in the layers box. SELECT>NONE. Now right click on the paper layer, ALPHA TO SELECTION and SELECT>GROW by 3. I used the color picker tool to get a color off the little emo bear's hair (element 2). Then add a new layer and fill it in. Make sure this layer is below the paper/text layer in the layers box. Go to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE with settings at 20/20/20/0. Go to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings at 3/3/3. Now, these 3 text layers, plus the original text layer should all be dragged down the layers box so they are all under the emo bear (element 2). Just use the move tool to get it positioned correctly.
5. Use the rectangle tool to crop your work, getting everything inside of the box you create by clicking and dragging across the canvas. Once you have the little marching ants- that's what I call them lol- perfectly situated around then go to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION.
6. Save your work as .xcf so you can come back in and make changes if need be (if you do this, you may want to add another paper 8 layer first just to have it ready to make the new text next time you open the file). Then when you're satisfied with what you've done, save as .png
That's it! Hope you liked this tutorial :)
10:48 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag, you will want to go get the really cute FTU scrapkit called Happy Trails by Creative Scraps by Crys HERE
You'll also want your tube of choice... I used a FTU tube by Popeye Wong called Traveling Breeze. You can check out all of Popeye Wong's awesome artwork at www.popeyewong.com and get his tubes HERE
Let's get started.
1. Open up Gimp, then FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS frame 3 from the kit. Right click and scale to 546x540. Add drop shadow by going to FILTERS>LIGHT&SHADOW>DROP SHADOW and set the levels at 0/0/15.
2. Open as layers paper 6 from kit. Scale to 500x500 and put it behind the frame by clicking and holding down on the mouse then dragging it below the frame in the layers box. Right click on this layer and select ADD ALPHA CHANNEL.
3. Open as layers element 6 from kit and scale to 208x199 then add a drop shadow with levels at -1/1/2.
4. Open as layers element 4 from scrapkit and also add a drop shadow with levels as written in step 3.
7. Add element 16 and 31 from kit. Scale 16 to 78x241 and element 31 to 134x87. Add drop shadows to each with settings at -2/2/2.
11. Add the text- I used a font called NASHVILLE. I typed out my text, right clicked- ALPHA TO SELECTION, added a new layer used the colors I wanted and used the BLEND TOOL to this new layer. Just click and drag up then release. It takes a bit of practice but you can get it! Add noise by going to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE with settings at 20/20/20/0. Then SELECT>GROW by 2, add new layer, fill with darker shade, SELECT>NONE. Add drop shadow and you're done!
12. Save your tag as .xcf first so you can come in and make changes later on down the road if need be. When you're ready to head on down the trail then save as .png to have a transparent background and everything as a flat layer.
Thanks for viewing this tutorial!
2:16 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
6:47 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag, you'll want to use my PTU kit called Seven Seas, which can be found HERE.
You will need to snag the awesome FTU template #80 by Pooker HERE
And your tube of choice. I am using the tube "Jessica," an exclusive commission that can be found ONLY at Pimpin' PSPers by the very talented 4x Designs! You can find out more info about 4xDesigns and all her creative endeavors here: http://fourxdesigns.blogspot.com/ To use her art, you must have a license number provided to you by the place in which you've purchased the art.
Let's get started...
1. Open up the template. Remove copyright layer.
2. FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS paper 13 from the kit. Right click and ADD ALPHA CHANNEL (you will need to do this with EVERY paper layer you add to the tag)... Resize by right clicking and choosing SCALE LAYER to 500 x 500. Position this paper over the grey circle 1 layer of template. Duplicate and flip the copy of the paper. Position this layer above grey circle 2 of template. Then merge by right clicking and choosing merge down- both paper 13 layers. Merge both grey circle layers of template. Right click on the merged circle layer of template and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on paper layer in the layers box to make it the active layer. Go to SELECT>INVERT and then EDIT>CLEAR so that the paper is now only covering the template layer. Drag the grey circle template layer above the paper layer and right click- choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then SELECT>SHRINK by 8 and then EDIT>CLEAR. Add noise- go to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE and choose the correlated setting and 20/20/20/0 then add a drop shadow by going to FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW and drop shadow with settings at 3/3/3 and opacity at 80.
3. FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS paper 11 from kit. Then you will want to use the fuzzy select (magic wand) tool to select the Red Rectangles of the template. Just click the first box then hold shift on your keyboard down and click to make the next selection, etc. Once they're all selected, click on the paper 11 layer in the layers box to make it active and then go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Merge Red Rect 1 and 2 together. Right click ALPHA TO SELECTION, SELECT>SHRINK by 4, EDIT>CLEAR then move above paper 11 layer. Add noise and drop shadow just as described in step 2. Merge Red Rect 3 & 4 together and right click ALPHA TO SELECTION, SELECT>SHRINK by 4, EDIT>CLEAR then move above paper 11 layer. Add noise but change the drop shadow settings to -3/-3/3.
4. FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS paper 12 and resize to 400x400. Position above white strio 2 in template then duplicate the paper layer and position the copy of the paper above white strip 1 in template. Merge the two white strips layer of template together. Merge the two paper 12 layers together. Right click on template layer and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on paper layer to make it active and go to EDIT>CLEAR. Delete the merged white strip template layer since now the paper is replacing it... Add a drop shadow with settings at -3/-3/1- and choose white as the color. Then add noise to the drop shadow.
5. FILE>OPEN AS LAYERS paper 7. Drag this layer so it is below the black square 1 & 2 layers of template. Duplicate the paper layer and drag the copy of the paper so it is below black rect 1 & 2 in template. Merge black square 1 & 2 layers together. Merge black rect 1 & 2 together. Right click and ALPHA TO SELECTION on the black squares then click on paper layer to make active then SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Repeat with black rectangles and copy of paper. Next, you will want to ALPHA TO SELECTION the black squares and SELECT>SHRINK by 8, then EDIT>CLEAR. Repeat with black rectangles.
6. Merge white circle 1 & 2 together and then go to COLORS>INVERT. Merge black circles 1 & 2 together and go to COLORS>INVERT. Add noise to the "black circle2" layer or the one that we changed white lol... Add a drop shadow too... settings at 0/0/15
7. Now get the tube you want to use and scale it to an appropriate dimension to fit within the black circles that we just worked with in step 6. ALPHA TO SELECTION the template layer and SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR on tube layer. I went up to COLOR>CURVES and dragged the middle of the line down towards the right bottom corner... then lowered the opacity to 70%- you can do this by clicking and dragging the slider at the top of the layers box. For the middle of this tag, I wanted to really make this tube stand out so I did something a little different. I used the layers with the cape not the hood and set them just right where I thought they'd look good then merged the two together. I went to COLORS>DESATURATE and then right clicked and chose ALPHA TO SELECTION on the red circle of the template, then SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR on the merged tube layer. I then right clicked on this layer and ALPHA TO SELECTION and went to FILTERS>DISTORT>MOSAIC and used the settings below. Click the image below to see better.
Then click the Mode box at the top of the layers box and choose overlay.
For the tube in the center I used a perspective for a shadow, under FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW with settings shown in pic below (white background only temporarily added)
8. OK... this is a very important part of making the tag. When you're using tubes you always want to credit the artist. So add your copyright info- that is the copyright symbol, the artist's name, website and license number, if applicable.
9. Now you can start adding elements from the kit. Elements- 6, 7, 9, 12, 17, 22, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34, 45 and 59. Scale these to the appropriate size and place as shown. Add drop shadows...
10. Add your name or text to your tag, I used a font called Treasure Map Deadhand. I puffed it out by going to FILTERS>DECOR>ADD BEVEL with setting at 5. When you're finished, just use the rectangle select tool to crop around your tag and go to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION. Then save first as .xcf so you can come back and make changes if necessary. When satisfied with the tag, save as .png!
Thanks for checking out this tutorial :)
3:20 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here is my new tagger kit, Seven Seas. It is now available at both stores I sell my products at (HERE or HERE)! In this kit, there are 14 papers, and 60 elements! It has everything you'd find sailing the seven seas. There's a pirate ship, a canon, flags, treasure chest with gold and coins and jewels, a map, a parrot, several skulls and bones, 6 bows/ribbons, 3 flowers, palm tree and island plants, water and sand, shells and other sea life, 4 frames and 2 word arts included!
I hope you like it :) xoxox