- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (1)
- 2013 (80)
- 2011 (122)
- 2010 (15)
8:30 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here are 16 colorful papers and 1 overlay for you! They are commercial use for commercial use friendly! Hope you like them! Leave me a comment if you download :) xoxox
Keep on with the O'Scrap Blogtrain by following the links below!
Annaica's Place (YOU ARE HERE)
3:09 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tutorial you will want the scrapkit called Spring Solace by me, you can find more info about the kit on THIS POST.
And the tube "HOTTIE GIRL" by Ismael Rac, you need a license to use his art and you can get both the license and tubes at his store- http://store.xeracx.net/
1. Open new canvas size 600 x 200.
2. Click and drag paper 11 into the canvas, release click and then right click on paper layer and choose SCALE LAYER to 600 x 200. Right click again and choose ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. Duplicate paper layer. Right click once more and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then to EDIT in menu bar and SHRINK by 4 then EDIT>CLEAR. Then SELECT>NONE. Add noise by going to FILTER>NOISE>RGB NOISE with settings shown below. Click OK.
3. Add a drop shadow by FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings shown below. Click OK.
4. Now right click on the paper 11 copy (top layer) and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then go to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION. SELECT>NONE.
5. Add the following elements from kit to your canvas by either clicking and dragging into canvas or going to OPEN>OPEN AS LAYERS and position them appropriately.
ELEMENT 24 - scale to 138 x 208 (drop shadow 1/1/1)
ELEMENT 6 - scale to 131 x 177 (drop shadow 1/1/1)
ELEMENT 16 - Duplicate 3 times for a total of 4 layers then right click and MERGE DOWN so that there is only one element 16 left. Duplicate this layer and scale to 600 x 581
6. Add your tube of choice. I am using the tube called HOTTIE GIRL by Ismael Rac, and this artist requires you to have a license thru the company and display it when you use the art. Open HOTTIE GIRL 2 and delete the copyright and background layers, as well as all except layer 4. Place in center of canvas then go up to COLORS>DESATURATE with Luminosity clecked then click OK. Use the opacity slider over in the layers box and change the opacity to 53. Now add HOTTIE GIRL 1 and delete all layers but layer 7. Add a drop shadow 2/2/2. Do not forget to add the copyright info to your tag as well as your license if applicable.
7. Add your name. I used the color picker tool to get a shade from the pink hair in the tube. I used a font called Pea Roxygirl at size 59. Add noise with same settings as above. Then I used the color picker tool to get a powder blue shade from the butterflies, and right clicked on the text layer ALPHA TO SELECTION then SELECT>GROW by 2. Next, click again on the pink text layer to make active and go to FILTERS>DECOR>ADD BEVEL with settings shown like below. Click OK.
That will open it in a new window and the text will look puffy. Add a drop shadow 1/1/1 then click on the powder blue text layer to make it active and go back to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with levels at 2/2/6 with WHITE not black as the color.
8. Lastly, right click on the paper 11 layer again ALPHA TO SELECTION and IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION. Save this image as .xcf first so you can go back and make changes if need be later down the road. Then save your finished copy as .png or .jpg
Now on to the avatar... Super easy!
Repeat the steps above on a 200 x 200 canvas, using those measurements for the paper 11. Leave out elements 25 and 24. Just need to scale everything down a bit more to get it right :) Add artists name and license number to your avatar- website is ok to leave off. Save it as .xcf first and then as .png or .jpg
Thanks for looking :)
12:11 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Check out this beautiful spring kit! It is tagger size and for personal use only. It is available to purchase HERE or HERE :) It has 12 papers and 40 elements. Not all is shown in the preview. There are 3 word arts and 5 frames, as well as 7 flowers, 8 bows and ribbons, and everything else you love to see in the springtime!
And below is a FREEBIE add on to the Spring Solace kit :) It has 3 papers and 10 elements! It is for personal use only... please do not share, just direct others here to this blog post to download.
I love to see your comments!
7:15 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
And if you like the background of my blog right now, you will ADORE this pack of papers.
It has 24 papers, in various styles. There is a plain checkerboard pattern, then a checkerboard and grunge pattern, and a checkerboard, grunge and sparkle pattern. It comes in a wide variety of colors to match any project and if the colors aren't right, there is one grunge sparkle overlay included!
11:52 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here is an animated tag that I am gonna show you how to do in Gimp.
You will want the scrap kit called Under the Sea by Creative Scraps by Crys and you can purchase it HERE
I used a tube by Octavia Cheetham which I purchased before TART closed, so at this time this tube is not available to purchase anywhere but you can view all the wonderful art by Octavia on her website http://www.lunarianart.com/
Ok let's get started!
1. Open New canvas at 800 x 800. Then drag and drop the following from the kit onto your canvas and position appropriately:
paper 2 -scale to 550 x 550- right click and ADD ALPHA CHANNEL
paper 10 - right click and ADD ALPHA CHANNEL
2. Add your tube of choice with all correct copyrights (copyright symbol, artist's name, website and licens number if applicable) and then you will want to add a mask to it, which basically makes part of the tube transparent/transluscent. Right click on your tube layer and click on ADD LAYER MASK as shown below.
Now a window will pop up and have it marked as shown- Click on ADD.
Then click on the BLEND TOOL and check the little box next to the gradient box to reverse the colors.
Click and drag up the canvas. You will see that there will be a small box next to the tube layer showing the gradient mask you're applying. Right click on the layer and choose APPLY LAYER MASK. You most likely will want to repeat this step until you have the desired effect.
3. Now use the lasso (free select tool) and make a selection along the frame. Go to SELECT>INVERT and click on the tube layer in the layers box to make it active then to EDIT>CLEAR, click on paper 10 to make it active and again EDIT>CLEAR. Then SELECT>NONE
4. Arrange all the elements, add drop shadows by going to FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with settings at 2/2/2. Use the lasso tool to make selections if anything sticks out too far and then EDIT>CLEAR. Then SELECT>NONE
5. Add the mask by MelbGyrl- and scale to 550 x 550 then go to COLOR>INVERT and LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA to make transparent. Right click on the mask layer and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on the paper 2 layer to make active within layers box and go up to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Then SELECT>NONE the paper is now the mask so you can delete the original mask layer.
6. The font I used is called Amazing Ruler and I just used the color picker tool to select a teal color from the tube. Right click, ALPHA TO SELECTION then SELECT>GROW by 2 and add new layer, fill with white, then SELECT>GROW by 2 and add new layer, fill with a shade of plum/purple. Add drop shadow.
7. You can now save the image as a .xcf so that you can go back in and make changes if need be. Remove any background color by clicking the little bucket at the bottom of the layers box so that the background is transparent. When you do that you can save this copy as .png then we will proceed to the animation.
Ok, this is pretty easy actually, check it out :)
Click the little eye symbol in the layers box next to the mask layer so it is invisible. Then right click and choose MERGE VISIBLE LAYERS. Click the eye symbol again to make the mask visible again. You should now have two layers.
Duplicate each layer 3 times so that would mean you will have 4 of each- a total of 8 layers.
Arrange the layers alternating as shown below-
Now we are going to add a WAVE distort to copy#2 and copy layers of the mask only. Go to FILTERS>DISTORT>WAVES and plug in the following settings. Hit OK and remember only on the layers shown below.
Now merge the layers two by two. Copy#2 of tag with copy#2 of mask. Copy#1 with copy#1. Copy with copy. And the original tag layer and mask layer. You will now have 4 layers and you will need to make sure you have white as your background color in the foreground and background color swatch and you will need to remove the alpha channel on each one of these 4 layers by right clicking and choosing REMOVE ALPHA CHANNEL as shown.
You can use the rectangle select tool to crop the final tag, just make the selection and go up to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION.
Now it's time to save your animation!
FILE>SAVE AS name.gif and a box will pop up- make sure the SAVE AS ANIMATION is checked. Then click EXPORT.
Another box will come up. Just make sure the USE DELAY is checked and that your milliseconds is more than 300. The higher the number, the slower it moves. Hit SAVE!
Upload your creation to a place like Fotki or photobucket or something to see the animation.
Hope you liked this tutorial, I'd love to see if you've done anything using it. Send it to my email :)
2:52 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Check out this tag I made with the awesome Nicki Minaj tube by FourXsDesigns which can be purchased at PTE and you must have a license to use.
I used my FTU scrapkit called Eggstra Punky which you can grab HERE
also grab the template I made for this tag HERE
and I used a mask by Caroline which is included in the FTU Circle mask pack at Creative Misfits HERE :)
Let's get started!
1. Open a new canvas, size 800 x 800 then drag the template from file folder and drop onto your canvas. Delete the copyright layer and background layer of the template. Also delete the white background layer made from opening a new canvas.
2. Drag and drop the following onto your canvas from the kit:
paper 6 -Right click in layers box- ADD ALPHA CHANNEL
paper 8 -Right click in layers box- ADD ALPHA CHANNEL
paper 7 -Right click in layers box- ADD ALPHA CHANNEL
paper 1 -Right click in layers box- ADD ALPHA CHANNEL
3. Drag and drop circle 2 mask by caroline and scale to 815 x 610. Then go up to COLORS>INVERT then to LAYER>TRANSPARENCY and color to alpha. Right click on the mask layer and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION. Go to SELECT>INVERT and click on the paper 6 layer to make it active again then to EDIT>CLEAR. Paper 6 should now be the mask layer. Delete the original mask. Keep this layer at the back of the canvas/bottom of layers box.
4. Use the fuzzy select tool and click within the inside circle of the pink2 layer of template. Go to SELECT> GROW by 3. Then click on paper 8 layer in layers box to make active. SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR.
5. Right click on the pink2 layer of template and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on paper 7 to make active. SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR then delete original template layer.
6. Right click and ALPHA TO SELECTION on black layer of template. Click on paper1 layer to make active. SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR then SELECT>NONE. Again ALPHA TO SELECTION on black layer and SELECT>SHRINK by 8 then EDIT>CLEAR. Add drop shadow by going to FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with 2/2/6.
7. Add drop shadow to green2 layer of template.
8. Scale element 34 down, duplicate and LAYER>TRANSFORM>180 then add drop shadow to both.
9. Add drop shadows to green1 and pink1 in template. Also to white1 and white2 but at 1/1/3
10. Add tube of choice. Duplicate and flip. Then COLOR>DESATURATE one copy. Move behind green2's drop shadow layer. Play with modes til it looks how you like. I used the hard light mode. Modes are found by clicking on the little arrow drop down menu above the opacity slider in layers box. Add a drop shadow to the original tube. And do not forget all your copyright info. A copyright symbol with artist's name, website and license number to use the art must be shown.
11. Add drop shadows to elements 30, 32, 33 and 12.
12. Use the rectangle tool to crop your work. After making a selected rectangle, go to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION.
13. I used a font called THUG and then right click ALPHA TO SELECTION, add new layer and used the gradient fill with colors I chose then click and drag. This sometimes takes a few tries to get the way you like. Then SELECT>GROW by 2 filled a new layer with pink and again grow by 2 and fill a new layer with white. Add a drop shadow.
14. Save your work as .xcf so you can make changes in the future. When satisfied with tag save it as .png
Thanks for checking out this tut! I'd love to see anything you've made with it :) xoxox