- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (1)
- 2013 (80)
- March O'Scrap Blog Train CU4CU/CU/PU
- St. Patrick's Day Masks at Creative Misfits
- Irish Luck Tag Showoff
- Irish Luck- How Irish Are You?
- New CU Pack for St. Patrick's Day & FREEBIES
- Denim Days Snags
- Midnight Rock Gimp Tag Tutorial
- Denim Days FTU Scrapkit Collab with Tasha's Playgr...
- Love Scars Cluster Frame Freebie & Gimp Tut
- Dark Music Forum Set Tutorial
- 2011 (122)
- 2010 (15)
8:15 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Hi Everybody :) Here is an awesome freebie I made for the O'Scrap Blog Train! It is a pack of 12 tagger size papers that I made and wanted to offer as CU4CU/CU/PU. I hope you find plenty of use with them! You're free to change colors to suit your needs for your project and all I ask is that you can include my blog address in your credits when you use my creations. Click the preview above to download and don't forget to leave me a comment if you like it :) xoxox
annaica's place ---you are here :)
3:00 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I made some masks over at a challenge in the Creative Misfits forum! They're great for all your St. Patrick's Day tags and what not... You can snag them along with several other Misfit's masks HERE :) xoxox
11:16 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Made a forum set with the art of Barbara Jensen! I love this tube, it has ALOT of layers! This tube can be purchased at Scraps and the City, as it is an exclusive... so go grab it :)
12:18 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Well I have a new kit out and it's perfect for all those taggers out there that wanna rock out some tubes with shamrocks and gold! It's packed with 15 papers and 55 elements, including 4 wordart, 9 frames, 8 ribbons/bows, several traditional celtic symbols and lots of shamrocks! and you can find it HERE or HERE! And you're LUCKY because it is only $1! I'd love to see tags made with it- send to email@example.com
Are you Irish? I have a bit in me but it all comes out around this time of year. I always am excited to get involved in the activities that surround the holiday. I have never been to a pub crawl but someday, I just might! I have drank green beer a few times but prefer it to be a light golden hue. Do you have fond memories of the holiday? Take this test to see "How Irish Are You?"
|You're 55% Irish|
(And if you're not, you should be!)
11:48 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
This is a pack that is FULL of awesome commercial use goodies to use for St. Patrick's Day. It is sized for tagger, but some can be used for full size.
It has 4 psd templates- a clauddagh symbol and clauddagh ring, a pot of gold and a horseshoe for you to fully customize.
2 shamrock overlays
a leprechaun , a pot of gold, a rainbow
2 stars- silver and gold
a green glitter splatter
a gold horseshoe
3 piles of gold coins
and several shamrock png's!
And I threw together a few freebies for you also!!!
These all can be used for personal or commercial use, just follow the TOU.
Click the preview above to download a copy for yourself.
Send others here to download too :)
And don't forget to leave some love!
4:44 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
I made up a few snags for you guys with the Denim Days collab me and Tasha did :) To download those awesome tagger kits just click HERE!
These were made with the art of VeryMany which requires a license to be used and is sold at PFD.
Do not alter these tags in any way whatsoever...
just click on the image to increase to full size and right click then save!
I hope you like them and can get some use out of them :) xoxox
12:12 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag, you'll want the following:
Bad Lily tube by Ismael Rac, which requires a license to use and can be purchased HERE
FTU template 93 from Scraps of Enchantment
FTU mask 2 in Mask Set 1 by Brutal Designs
Let's get started!
1. Open new canvas, 800 x 800 delete background and open as new layer the template. Delete copyright layer.
2. Open as new layer papers 6, 3 and 4 then right click on each layer in layers box and ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. Scale paper 4 to 500 x 500 and paper 3 to 650 x 650.
3. Open as new layer the mask and scale to 650 x 650. COLOR>INVERT then LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA then use the rectangle select tool and cut halfway thru the mask, SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Duplicate and flip. Merge mask layers. Then right click in layers box and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION. Click on the paper 3 layer in layers box then SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Now paper 3 is your mask so delete original mask layer and move the paper layer to bottom of layers box. Repeat these steps with paper 6 and the "toadies" layer of template, however this mask layer will be above the previous in layers box.
4. For the "skulls circle" layer in template, you will want to zoom in and use the select by color tool and try to get the purple, all of it. Then click on the paper 4 and SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Add drop shadow to the original template layer by FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with levels at 2/2/2.
5. Open the following elements from kit and scale down and add drop shadows:
element 40 (duplicate)
element 35 (duplicate)
6. Add tube of choice. For the "circle" layer of template use the select by color tube within the black. Then click on tube layer in layers box to make active, go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Move opacity layer to 67. For the full body add a drop shadow to it. Add the copyright symbol, artist's name and website as well as your license number if applicable.
7. I used a font called playtime and right click ALPHA TO SELECTION then to SELECT>GROW by 3, add new layer fill selection with black, grow by 2, add new layer and fill with purple. Add noise by FILTER>NOISE>RGB NOISE levels at 20/20/20/0 then deselect and add a drop shadow.
8. Save your work as .xcf first so you can make changes if needed... Then when happy with everything, save as .png
Thanks for checking out this tutorial :) xoxox
5:36 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here is a collab that my friend Tasha and I put together :)
There are 20 elements and 8 papers in this
tagger sized kit and it is for personal use only.
Click the preview to download your copy from 4shared.
And you want to go grab Tasha's part HERE. Her preview is shown below!
Don't forget to leave some luv :) xoxox
3:39 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here is a cluster frame I made with the PTU kit Love Scars by Crystal's Creations. For February all of her creations are only $1.00! Go to her blog to find her stores!
Click the preview above to download the personal use freebie :)
Please do not share this. Just direct others here to this post to download!
Hope you like it... tell me what you think!
Here's a tag I made with it and a tutorial.
I used a tube by Ismael Rac that requires a license to use, click HERE to get that.
I used a few more elements with the Love Scars kit.
1. Open the cluster frame, IMAGE>CANVAS SIZE> 800 x 800.
2. Open paper 3 from kit. Right click in layers box-ADD ALPHA CHANNEL.
3. Open the circle masks- Kaci's 2nd. Go to COLOR>INVERT and LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA. Right click on mask- ALPHA TO SELECTION, then click on the paper 3 layer in layers box to make it active. Go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Delete original mask now that paper is the mask.
4. Open the Naughty masks- Sabine's 3rd. Go to COLOR>INVERT and LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA. Then go up to COLOTS>COLORIZE to a red shade. You may have to scale these masks a bit to get them the size you like.
5. Open the tube of choice. Add all copyright info- copyright symbol, artist's name and website as well as license if applicable.
6. Open element 9. Duplicate and flip and set above masks in layer box on each side of frame.
7. Open element 37, scale to 492 x 37 and place above the original in frame.
8. Add drop shadows to tube and elements.
9. Open element 2 and place behind the front tube.
10. Add your name. I used a font called Pea Roxygirl. Add drop shadow.
11. Save as .xcf to be able to go back in amd make necessary layer changes. Crop using rectangle tool ans save as .png when satisfied with your creation!
Thanks for looking :) xoxox
2:09 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here's a quick forum set tutorial for Gimp.
I am using a PTU scrap kit by Creative Scraps by Crys called Dark Like Me which you can find out more about HERE
and I am using the art of James Adams, which requires a license to use. I had purchased this tube awhile back from a store that is no longer :( but if you'd like to find out more about his art, you can go HERE and he is currently selling his tubes at AIL
LET'S GET STARTED!
1. Open new image- size 600 x 250.
2. Open from kit, scale and place the following from the kit:
paper 5-ADD ALPHA CHANNEL- add noise, FILTER>DISTORTS>ERASE EVERY OTHER ROW with ROWS,EVEN & ERASE
paper 10-ADD ALPHA CHANNEL- (DUPLICATE and click eye in layers box to use later) - ALPHA TO SELECTION the white background, SELECT>SHRINK by 8, EDIT>CLEAR
paper 8-ADD ALPHA CHANNEL- add noise, ALPHA TO SELECTION the white background, SELECT>SHRINK by 7, EDIT>CLEAR
element 68 (DUPLICATE)
element 57 (DUPLICATE)
element 23 (DUPLICATE)
element 54- use the rectangle select to frame this element, then click the eye in the paper 10 layer previously hidden. Go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR to make the paper appear behind this element only.
3. Add your tube of choice. Include copyright symbol, artist's name, website and license number if applicable.
4. Add drop shadows to the tube and other elements as you like by going to FILTERS>LIGHT & SHADOW>DROP SHADOW.
5. Save project with .xcf extension so you can make changes if necessary then add your name. I used a font called Vanish. Then save as .png
FOR THE AVATAR:
Right click on the paper 8 layer and choose SCALE LAYER to 200 x 200 then place in an area you feel ok cropping. Right click and ALPHA TO SELECTION then go to LAYER>CROP TO SELECTION. Click and drag this layer to top of the layers box. Re-add the copyright info and your name. Save as .xcf first then as.png
Hope you liked this tut :) xoxox