- 2013 (71)
- 2011 (122)
- 2010 (15)
3:01 PM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
Here is a tag I made using a fun PTU Easter themed kit with a twist called Emo Easter Party by Crystal's Creations. Just click HERE to go to her blog and find all the stores where you can purchase this kit!
Now let's get started!
1. Open a new canvas at 640 x 400. Drag and drop the following papers and elements onto your canvas and scale to:
paper 12 - 600 x 379 (mask on bottom layer)
paper 5 -500 x 500 (for the name)
element 6 -339 x 93
element 40 -120 x 117 (duplicate and flip copy)
element 15 -69 x 65 (duplicate and flip copy)
element 26- 506 x 182 (top layer)
2. Also open the first mask in Sabine's folder, then to trade it for the paper just do this- go to COLOR>INVERT then LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA. Right click in the layers box and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on paper 12 layer in the layers box to make it active. SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. You can delete the original mask now that your paper is the mask. I also added noise to this layer- FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE and levels at 20/20/20/0
3. Arrange the elements as shown, put drop shadows on the elements-FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW. On the left side the settings were at -2, 2, 5 and on the right they were 2,2,5.
4. For the name I used a font called License Plate and then right clicked on the text layer in layers box and chose ALPHA TO SELECTION then clicked onto paper 5 to make it active, SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Then I went to FILTER>DECOR>ADD BEVEL with number at 5. Click the invisible eye next to the text layer to make it invisible. I added a drop shadow- 1,1,1 and then right clicked on the paper 8 layer and chose ALPHA TO SELECTION up to SELECT>GROW by 3 and then SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR, adding a drop shadow to this layer with 2,2,5.
5. Use your rectangle select tool to crop your tag to the right size, and add your watermark to the tag to let everyone know you made it! Save it as .xcf so you can go back and make changes if need be and when satisfied then delete the white bottom layer and save as .png
Hope you like this tag tutorial, thanks for stopping by :)