- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (1)
- 2013 (80)
- March O'Scrap Blog Train CU4CU/CU/PU
- St. Patrick's Day Masks at Creative Misfits
- Irish Luck Tag Showoff
- Irish Luck- How Irish Are You?
- New CU Pack for St. Patrick's Day & FREEBIES
- Denim Days Snags
- Midnight Rock Gimp Tag Tutorial
- Denim Days FTU Scrapkit Collab with Tasha's Playgr...
- Love Scars Cluster Frame Freebie & Gimp Tut
- Dark Music Forum Set Tutorial
- 2011 (122)
- 2010 (15)
12:12 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag, you'll want the following:
Bad Lily tube by Ismael Rac, which requires a license to use and can be purchased HERE
FTU template 93 from Scraps of Enchantment
FTU mask 2 in Mask Set 1 by Brutal Designs
Let's get started!
1. Open new canvas, 800 x 800 delete background and open as new layer the template. Delete copyright layer.
2. Open as new layer papers 6, 3 and 4 then right click on each layer in layers box and ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. Scale paper 4 to 500 x 500 and paper 3 to 650 x 650.
3. Open as new layer the mask and scale to 650 x 650. COLOR>INVERT then LAYER>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA then use the rectangle select tool and cut halfway thru the mask, SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Duplicate and flip. Merge mask layers. Then right click in layers box and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION. Click on the paper 3 layer in layers box then SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Now paper 3 is your mask so delete original mask layer and move the paper layer to bottom of layers box. Repeat these steps with paper 6 and the "toadies" layer of template, however this mask layer will be above the previous in layers box.
4. For the "skulls circle" layer in template, you will want to zoom in and use the select by color tool and try to get the purple, all of it. Then click on the paper 4 and SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Add drop shadow to the original template layer by FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with levels at 2/2/2.
5. Open the following elements from kit and scale down and add drop shadows:
element 40 (duplicate)
element 35 (duplicate)
6. Add tube of choice. For the "circle" layer of template use the select by color tube within the black. Then click on tube layer in layers box to make active, go to SELECT>INVERT and EDIT>CLEAR. Move opacity layer to 67. For the full body add a drop shadow to it. Add the copyright symbol, artist's name and website as well as your license number if applicable.
7. I used a font called playtime and right click ALPHA TO SELECTION then to SELECT>GROW by 3, add new layer fill selection with black, grow by 2, add new layer and fill with purple. Add noise by FILTER>NOISE>RGB NOISE levels at 20/20/20/0 then deselect and add a drop shadow.
8. Save your work as .xcf first so you can make changes if needed... Then when happy with everything, save as .png
Thanks for checking out this tutorial :) xoxox