- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (9)
- 2014 (1)
- 2013 (80)
- 2012 (120)
- October O'Scrap CU Candy Corn Freebie
- Free Halloween Wordart
- Jeepers Jack! Gimp Tag Tutorial
- Gimp Tag Tut with Autumn Retreat & Template
- Freebie Autumn Template
- 3 Days Only! Let's Celebrate :)
- Moigne Prep School FTU Gimp Tutorial
- Awesome Autumn Retreat Tag & Tut by Tasha's Playgr...
- 2011 Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge Flyer
- TWISTED Scarlet Gothica Gimp Tutorial
- Autumn Retreat Tag & Tut From Amy @ Gimptastic Tut...
- "Autumn Splendor" Tag Made by Rabid Designz :)
- Autumn Retreat Scrapkit & Freebie Wordart
- Free Pumpkin PNG CU ok :)
- 2010 (15)
9:35 AM | Posted by annaica | | Edit Post
For this tag, you'll want the FTU scrapkit called Prep School by AW DESIGNS which you can get HERE
the 2 FTU masks by Insatiable Dreams (mask 156 & 259)
And your choice of tube, I used a tube that is FTU for those over at The Zone Groups by MissTigri and you can view her art on her website HERE (I have personal permission to use her art in my tutorials, and if you want to use her art, you must obtain permission)
Let's get started!
1. Open new image- size 800 x 800, click LAYERS>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA to make background transparent.
2. From scrapkit, open elements 8, 9, 11 and paper 5. Scale element 8 to 221 x 113 and place accordingly. Use the rectangle select tool to crop element 11 and paper 5. When your selection is made, go to LAYER>CROP TO SELECTION. Then add drop shadow by going to FILTERS>LIGHT AND SHADOW>DROP SHADOW with levels set at -8/8/15 to element 7. Make paper layer invisible by clicking the eye next to it in the layers box.
3. Open as a new layer your tube of choice. Place this layer below the drop shadow layer of the frame. Use the rectangle select tool to crop out the area as shown in the image below- you will need to copy this by going to EDIT>COPY then SELECT>NONE and go to EDIT>PASTE AS NEW LAYER. Place this new layer (top portion of tube copy) above the frame layer as shown in the second image below. Lastly, right click on the original tube layer in layers box and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION. Use the eraser tool to erase any drop shadow that is between the two layers. Just at the top, where we have been working. Not along the side.
4. Add noise to element 11 by going to FILTERS>NOISE>RGB NOISE with levels at 20/20/20/0 and a drop shadow with same settings as used above.
5. Make paper 5 layer visible again. Then open as new layer mask 126. Go to COLOR>INVERT and LAYERS>TRANSPARENCY>COLOR TO ALPHA then back to COLOR>COLORIZE and make this mask a orange tone. Right click on paper 5 layer and choose ALPHA TO SELECTION then click on mask layer to make active and go to LAYER>CROP TO SELECTION. Place this mask layer right above paper layer.
6. Open mask 259 as a new layer and repeat the steps above, but make it a light brownish grey color. Duplicate this mask layer and flip the copy then move each one to the corners.
7. Add the copyright info. Include artist's name and website, along with license information to use their art, if applicable.
8. I used a font called Cutie Patootie and added a slight drop shadow- levels at 2, 2, 2.
9. Use the rectangle tool to get all layers in and crop your work by going to IMAGE>CROP TO SELECTION.
10. Save as .xcf so you can go back in and make changes if need be and when satisfied with what you've created, save as.png
Thanks for viewing this tut! Hope you liked it :) xoxox